If you are new to DSLR photography, you may not know much about how to use all the features available on your camera to receive the best results on your photos. To help you out with the basics, here are some tips on how to ensure you get perfect pictures with your camera.
– For a very easy-to-do tip, dont assume your picture will be as perfect as it looks on the viewer of your camera after you take a snapshot. Zoom in on the produced image as much as you can to see if the image is really as sharp when enlarged beyond the 2 inches that the viewer shows to you.
– Adjust the ISO settings. In a low light setting, increasing the ISO setting slightly will produce a sharper, more defined image, as the camera will capture more light. Experiment with the setting; however, do realize that if the ISO is too high it is prone to more image noise.
– Always take more than one shot for an image you want to capture. Taking multiple shots means youll have a higher chance of getting that perfect image you want. Since you are not using film, you can easily just delete the rest. This is simple to do but often overlooked by photographers.
– Use a tripod. If you dont have one, buy one. This is an important aid to a photographer as it ensures perfect shots which do not blur, especially in a non-static environment. Your hands are prone to some shaking which your DSLR cannot completely wipe out with the anti-shake setting, and a tripod will help you with that issue. Invest in a good tripod, instead of just a cheap one, to prevent the hassle of having to making repeat purchases every time your cheap tripod gets broken.
– This will not directly affect your shots, but be sure to always carry enough memory space with you when you go out to photograph. Its better to always carry a few smaller capacity memory cards rather than one large capacity one, to prevent the loss of all your photographs in case you lose the memory card. Backup is essential.
– Experiment. This is probably the best thing you can do to improve your photography skills. Play around with the settings on your camera and take snapshots of everything and anything, in all different angles. Sooner or later youll know what works, and what doesnt.
There you have it, some simple tips to help you take fantastic photographs that you can be proud of with your DSLR camera. Practice the above tips on a daily basis and you will definitely take photographs like a professional in no time at all. Wishing you the best of luck in your photo-taking journey!